I suggest you ...

I suggest you allow a new background to be uploaded on which the isolated object could be placed

The clipped object could be saved and imported into a graphics application to be placed on a background image, but it would be nice if a background image could be uploaded so the entire procedure could be done entirely within the online app

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't count your breath. This has been the ongoing "top" idea for several years. I've received private emails from almost "day 1" ... indicating that this would likely be a key feature in the near future, but I continue to sit and pay on the Standard Plan of $7.99 US / month with 500 credits. Would *really* like to know whether this much requested feature will ever see the light of day! I've advised clippingmagic I'd be willing to pay a premium for this feature.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to add my own background - that would be great addition

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree that a new 'background' feature should be added in conjunction with a slightly more detailed shadow effect section. Clippingmagic is already an awesome tool for e-commerce and having these additional features would only make it better!!!!

Granted Clippingmagic is in no way as complex or robust as Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom, but for basic image manipulation, it is definitely quicker and easier to work with especially for people who are not technically inclined or really don't need a powerhouse piece of imaging software for what they want to achieve etc..
        Times have changed in certain areas of online product photography and I clearly see the 'clean white' background is becoming outdated and sort of boring. So as far as having the option to add a more visually appealing background....Clippingmagic.com could directly link or partner with a stock photo website and maybe the stock photo website could offer some sort of price discount incentive to Clippingmagic subscribers if their stock photos are used. Anyway, that's just my thought :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How does anyone do this if it's not a feature within the program? I'm a Mac user, any recommendations?

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like it's never going to happen since now i notice it was first suggested 2 years ago.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I agree, this would be a great feature if you could layer the cut out picture on to your own up loaded background

• Josh Foskett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more, this app would be amazing with this functionality, especially since you can already add shadows and what not, having to mess with them outside of the app go back and forth isn't very convenient.

Feedback and Knowledge Base