I suggest you ...

Give me the option to make multiple cuts with the scalpel and THEN adjust, instead of auto adjusting after each segment.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Douglas Ray Bennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminJacob N (Admin, Clipping Magic) responded  · 

Yeah, the way extending a cut in smooth mode has an impact on the preceding segment is an unfortunate but unavoidable side-effect of not kinking at the smooth nodes.

Creating a vector shape tool is an exercise in tradeoffs. While the scalpel does use a non-standard editing style, our hope and aspiration is that it makes it possible for normal users to create a high fidelity cut without too much effort.

The “divide an conquer” strategy mentioned in the tutorial can be brutally effective.

Most vector editors give raw access to cubic beziers, which are basically impossible to create or edit unless you’ve had extensive training and experience using them.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Douglas Ray Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My thought was that it might reduce the load since you could do 3 or 4 cuts and then update instead of it trying to do each one in real time. Especially since some of the cuts aren't proudly placed at the time of it tries to update.

Feedback and Knowledge Base